How To Update Received Items
Preparation for Updating
The quickest and easiest way to update the count of stock you have on hand to account for receiving items, is to export a product count CSV file from the Groovv Merchant Portal and add updated counts to the entries in the file.
Export Existing Counts
Click on Settings in the Navigation Menu and then click on Items in the expanded Settings Navigation Menu. On the Location Items Page, click on the Download and Update Options Drop Down Menu in the upper right hand corner of the page. From the drop down menu, click on Download for Item Receiving to export and download the CSV file containing your existing product count. You can then open and edit this file in preparation for updating your quantity-on-hand counts to account for received items.
Update Received Items
After you receive a shipment of additional Items, you will want to update the amount of each Item you have on hand in the Groovv Merchant Portal. To import an updated count of these items in your Inventory, adding to the current counts in the Portal, click Settings in the Navigation Menu, and then click Items from the Settings expanded menu. Next, click Available Items in the Items Expanded Menu. If your business has multiple locations, you will need to choose for which location you are updating the quantity of items on hand.
On the Available Items Page, click on the Download and Update Options Drop Down menu in the upper right hand corner of the page. From the drop down menu, click on Update Items Received. This will cause the Updated Pop-up to appear. On the pop-up, click the Choose File Button to find the file on your computer that you wish to import.
Items with a matching Item ID will be updated by adding to the existing quantity on hand. Item IDs that do not match an existing item will be skipped. This is because this type of import will add to the current numbers for Items already in the Portal. To override the current count in the Portal, see How to Update Physical Counts, or to add new items to your Inventory, see How to Import Items.
Once you have selected the file you wish to import, press the Update Button in the pop-up. This will begin the update and show a message in the pop-up saying, “Your task has been submitted. Please wait while the task completes, or press ‘Done’ to check back later.” If you would like to continue using the Portal, or start a different import elsewhere, press Done. You can always check on the progress of the import on the Tasks Page.
If the file you are importing is relatively large and taking longer than one minute to upload, the pop-up will change and tell you that it is taking longer than expected. You can either click Continue Waiting and wait for the import to complete on this screen, or you may click Check Back Later to dismiss the pop-up and continue using the Portal. You may check the progress of the import on the Tasks Page.
If you wait on the Available Items Page for the import to finish, you will see the Import Complete message on the Import Pop-up. To dismiss the pop-up, press OK.
- Click Settings in the Navigation Menu, and then click Items from the Items expanded menu
- Choose a Location from the Location Drop Down
- Click on Available Items in the Items Expanded Menu
- Click the Download and Update Options Drop Down
- Click Update Items Received
- In the Update Pop-up, click the Choose File Button to find the file on your computer that you wish to import
- Press the Update Button
- If you would like to continue using the Portal during the import, press Done to dismiss the pop-up, OR
- If the file is taking a long time to complete, and you do not wish to wait, press Check Back Later, OR
- If the file is taking a long time to complete, and you wish to wait, press Continue Waiting.
- If the import finished quickly or you waited for the longer import to finish, press OK when the import is completed to dismiss the pop-up.
- If you did not wait for the import to complete, you can find the status of the import on the Tasks Page by clicking Tasks in the Navigation Menu.